Harrison
Name:Harrison Location:United States

The Original Lovable Little Fuzzball

Here's the straight stuff.


The adventures of Harrison are true.
Try a few of his Crunchy Bites for a taste.
--Alpha Human Mom





Sunday, August 22, 2004


Of Cockers and Cats

Proof that even the most timid pup is better than a fraidy cat. 'Course I suppose a fe-lying could have tried to hack up a fur ball and spit it at the intruder... [Insert hysterical laughing here.]

"A cocker spaniel’s bark took a bite out of crime early Wednesday when a burglar slipped into a Medford home through an open window. When the 6-foot-2, 200-pound burglar tried to enter a bedroom occupied by residents of a home in the 1400 block of North Keeneway Drive at about 3 a.m., a normally timid dog named Cassie went into attack mode, her owner said.

"She growled and alerted my husband, who yelled ‘Cassie, get him!’ " said the woman, who did not want to be identified. "The guy ran back out of the house and dove out the window he came in through," she said. "He had no idea if a pit bull was after him or what. He just knew a dog was after him, growling and barking."

Save yourself some money on those fancy security systems. You'll get as much protection from just buyin' one of their little signs and stickin' in your yard. But if you get a dog… Well, the results speak for themselves.

Which reminds me… AHM likes readin' mystery books. Since I'm thinkin' about writin' my own book, she talks about what she gets from the library and let me tell you, there are waaaay too many "cat" mysteries out there! Boy oh boy oh boy. Those supercilious Siamese drive me nuts the way they've conned their fictional human companion into thinkin' they can read minds.* And that totally obnoxious Sneaky Pie Brown from Charlottesville** just frosts my Liver Snaps®! She actually wrote one book where her nosy fe-lying Mrs. Murphy drives a car! Give me a break. I'm good and egotistical, but even I would never try to tell anyone I could drive a car. But she does admit the fe-lying pseudo heroine needs a dog to help solve the cases--a Corgi, no less.

Guess I'm eventually gonna' have to step up to the plate and restore some order to the writin' universe.

*Lillian Jackson Braun The Cat Who… series
**Rita Mae Brown series.



posted by Harrison at 1:13 AM


0 Comments:



Post a Comment