Harrison
Name:Harrison Location:United States

The Original Lovable Little Fuzzball

Here's the straight stuff.


The adventures of Harrison are true.
Try a few of his Crunchy Bites for a taste.
--Alpha Human Mom





Thursday, November 06, 2008


"It's my money."

Yes, that's a quote, but not from an outraged conservative entrepreneur. The speaker--er--yeller--is an Obama campaign worker who isn't gettin' paid.

Whoa! Mickey Mouse hasn't coughed up his promised donation? Where'd all those millions go to and why are the poor workin' stiffs who sacrificed themselves on the altar of The One bein', well, stiffed?

Oh. Yeah. It's Bar-ack! business as usual.

Lines were long and tempers flared Wednesday not to vote but to get paid for canvassing for Barack Obama. Several hundred people are still waiting to get their pay for last-minute campaigning. Police were called to the Obama campaign office on North Meridian Street downtown to control the crowd. The line was long and the crowd was angry at times.

"I want my money today! It's my money. I want it right now!" yelled one former campaign worker. [...]

Eventually people did start getting paid, but some said they were missing hours and told to fill in paperwork making their claim and that eventually they would get a check in the mail.

"Still that's not right. I'm disappointed. I'm glad for the president, but I'm disappointed in this system," said Diane Jefferson, temporary campaign worker...

"It should have been $480. It's $230," said Imani Sankofa.

"They gave us $10 an hour. So we added it. I added up all the hours so it was supposed to be at least $120. All I get is $90," said Charles Martin.

"I worked nine hours a day for 4 days and got paid half of what I should have earned," said Randall Waldon.

Can you say rude awakening? The video is great.

Excuse me while I go roll on the floor and laugh.



posted by Harrison at 3:54 PM


0 Comments:



Post a Comment